Friday 14 November 2014

A quick note.

This is what I've been up to recently.

First there was the Bath Jane Austen Festival back in September, along with the Regency outfit I made myself, which certainly deserves its own post, but here's a little teaser for you.



And then I did a bit of talking on how to achieve the Edwardian look for the volunteers at Polesden Lacey (that lovely Edwardian house where I get to sit and sew Edwardian costumes, often dressing up in them myself).

I went to an exhibition at the V&A, on wedding dresses from 1775-2014, which was brilliant. Each dress had been donated, and so there were little stories behind them, and it was just lovely.

I finished another Edwardian corset, complete with flossing (decorative embroidery that holds the boning in place), which was something new to me. I've yet to take photos of the finished product, but here's a work in progress shot.


And now, I am getting back into dressmaking after having taken a little break, getting back into knitting after having taken a bit of a longer break, and sewing another Edwardian corset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts!