Saturday 30 August 2014

Busy busy busy.

I was hoping it wouldn't be a repeat of last year, where I completely forgot to keep up with blogging during the summer, but alas, it has happened again. But, just like last year, I have been busy with interesting things!

Firstly, the show I mentioned in my last post went fabulously, and I had an absolute whale of a time.

And then, I went off for a couple of weeks in France, which was lovely.

I continued with my usual doings at Polesden Lacey, including the flossing on the Edwardian corset I'm working on, which is a functional but decorative type of embroidery that's designed to keep the boning in place.




And recently, I have been doing an awful lot of sewing. Or at least, it seams like an awful lot of sewing, but I don't appear to have much to show for it, if you get what I mean?

My spencer jacket is making progress, and I'm currently stitching on the velvet trim in a military inspired style.


And I made a quick Regency reticule one evening, as you do. I'll pop that into separate post.

Speaking of Regency, I do have a spot of news, which I'm rather excited about...

After wanting to for a good few years now, I shall be attending the Jane Austen Festival in Bath this year! Unfortunately it will only be the Costumed Promenade on the 13th of September, but still, I am very much looking forward to it. 

It does mean that I have to have a complete Regency outfit under my belt by that date, and that is what I have been getting on with recently. Undies are done, jacket, gown, bonnet and shoes are in progress. 

Will try and keep you updated, but here's a photo to be going on with! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts!