Thursday 1 May 2014

Gibson Girl Blouse


As featured in my previous post, here are some photos of my Edwardian shirtwaist! Made out of polycotton using the Folkwear #205 Gibson Girl Blouse pattern.


Buttons all the way up the back, with a hook and eye at the collar.

Here it is with the tie undone, and this photo gives you a better idea of the fullness the gathers create.

Sleeve gathered at the shoulder, lace appliquéd onto the yoke, and also inserted into the stand up collar.

The same shot, but inside out.

Now, the original plan was to put a facing on the yoke, both the front and the back, and then an interfacing in the collar, and so I put the blouse together with this in mind. It was only when I was about to add the facing, that I decided against it! Hence the bias binding where there should be a french seam. But, it adds a bit of structure, so I'm really not that fussed.

The bias cuff and gathers on the sleeve. One of my favourite parts of this blouse!

And, to put it in context...


You can see the scalloped edge of my corset cover underneath in this one!


Over all, I'm quite pleased with it, for a first attempt. Next time, I'll go one whole step further, and add a bunch of lace inserts! 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your thoughts!